Cricket Wales is the national governing body for the junior and senior recreational game in Wales and is one of 39 Boards affiliated to the England and Wales Cricket Board. The Cricket Wales Board is made up of representatives from senior cricket, junior cricket, cricket officials and Glamorgan Cricket. Additional specialist skills also exist on the Board for example Directors with responsibility for finance and welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
Cricket Wales has five main objectives:
- Supporting the development of cricket in clubs.
- Training/educating cricket people - coaches, officials, groundstaff and managers.
- Supporting the development of regional junior cricket.
- Developing strong Welsh players/teams to feed Glamorgan Cricket.
- Raising the profile of recreational cricket in Wales.